America’s Hardest Cyclocross Race is back with an even better course, more categories, even more prizes, and its part of even more race series. The “half” is now the Little Three Peaks Gravel FUNdo, offering slightly tamer 40 mile route that shares two of the Peaks with the race. Register now at BikeReg.com!
The race returns to the Banner Elk Winery and Villa, and they are once again rolling out the red carpet to make the event truly special, including giving all the riders a commemorative wine glass, presenting all of the category winners with their own award-winning wines, and providing a FREE MEAL AFTER THE RACE!
The 2013 Course features a gorgeous new section through the village of Elk Park and down a forest road along the Elk River, and avoids the steep and technical descent through the Back 500, stretching the route to 60 miles while cutting the steep climbs through The Headwaters.
The Little Three Peaks Gravel FUNdo course is almost the same as last’s year “Half,” except that it now passes Sam Eller Road, and takes Beech Mountain Rd all the way.
Check out this great helmet cam video shot by Zachary Adams at last year’s race:
Three Peaks USA is now part of THREE race series.
- The race is now the fifth stop in the American UltraCross Championship Series.
- Once again, it is the final race in the Capo Custom King of Pain Cycling Series
- Now, Three Peaks is also part of the new Blue Ridge Monster Cross Series along with Savage CX, Pisgah Monster Cross, and Wilson’s Revenge!
This year we are awarding cash prizes across all the race categories! Not only will the top three overall men and women will receive $600 in equal cash payouts, but all the age-groups and single speed categories will also be eligible to win over $2,000 in cash and prizes!
Race Series Scoring:
- For the American UltraCross Championship Series, age-group results will be combined into Under 40, and 40+
- For the Blue Ridge Monster Cross Series, all results will be combined
- For the King of Pain Cycling Series, Single Speed results will be combined with age groups.
- Little Three Peaks results will not count toward any series.